Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Of Things Orange: 17 Days And Counting


The Vols open the 2006 campaign in just a week and a half! What an opener it will be in Knoxville against the Golden Bears of the University of California at Berkely, a team ranked in the Top 10 by most preseason polls. Unfortunately, I will not be at the game nor do I expect a positive outcome for Tennessee. My friend Mike (see picture as he enjoys our seats in ZZ 7: 5-8) says I am the eternal pessimist when it comes to UT Sports, but then I see him as the eternal optimist; and I love him for his confidence even when the Vols are down midway through the fourth quarter. But, I am just not getting good vibes from K-ville this year. Erik Ainge seems to be stuck in mediocrity and the off-the-field problems continue with two freshmen -- yes, freshman -- already dismissed from the team for disciplinary reasons. The first scrimmage was hardly a thing of beauty. Please, God, let there be significant improvement this Saturday! I hope I will be pleased with the outcome as I watch on a television in Morristown, NJ, where I will be on personal business. I plan on getting to the Florida, Memphis, Alabama, and LSU games this year and already have my substitutes as needed for those weekends.

Comments:
And we's Blue and Grey gonna kick some Orange tail!!
 
Ya think? Come home for teh weekend and I will take you to see what a real football team looks like, Patrick.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?