Sunday, March 12, 2006

 

Of Things Orange: Dancing with a #2 Seed

A #2 seed in the NCAA Basketball Tournament for the Tennessee Volunteers! I can't belive it. With four losses in our last six games and two of those losses at home, I was expecting a 4th or 5th seed. I guess our out-of-conference schedule and record and the fact that we beat both the SEC Conference tournament Champion and Runner-Up twice during the regular season and thrashed fellow #2 seed Texas held good tidings for us. Don't get me wrong. I'LL TAKE IT! So now we face Winthrop in the first round on Thursday. I hope it is an afternoon game. And while I'm thinking B-Ball ... CONGRATULATIONS to Coach John Calipari and the Memphis Tigers for their #1 seed in their bracket of the NCAA Tournament. If the basketball muses shine on both teams, we could play for the National Championship. Wouldn't THAT be fun!!!!! Sorry, Coach, you know who I'd be praying for in that one....

Comments:
I really hope we play each other. That would be one heck of a game.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?